Unsure of what graphics card my computer can upgrade to

Hello,

I'm really new to the tech/ computer world, and know next to nothing about graphics cards. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what graphics card I can upgrade my computer to (if I can upgrade at all) I was wanting to buy the new Sims 4 game, but after having played a very slow and choppy Sims 3 for years on this computer, I'm ready to actually play a game smoothly without it freezing all the time.

Here's what computer I have:
Compaq Presario PC SR5601P
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4400
Dual-Core Processor
Memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 250 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics
Windows Vista SP 1

Thanks!

Sims 4 System Requirements & your PC system results

For Sims 4 according to the link above, your CPU GPU and memory is lacking for even the minimum system specs. We can recommend a GPU, but that's not all you need if you plan on playing Sims 4. And if you get a stronger GPU, chances are you will also need a stronger PSU. If 300W's is all you have for power, you are limited to sub $100 graphic cards. Which would be fine for Sims 4, but then you also have a CPU and memory that needs upgrading.

Sims 4 System Requirements & your PC system results

For Sims 4 according to the link above, your CPU GPU and memory is lacking for even the minimum system specs. We can recommend a GPU, but that's not all you need if you plan on playing Sims 4. And if you get a stronger GPU, chances are you will also need a stronger PSU. If 300W's is all you have for power, you are limited to sub $100 graphic cards. Which would be fine for Sims 4, but then you also have a CPU and memory that needs upgrading.

Do you think it would be worth it to just buy a new computer after everything is upgraded and such?

To me that depends on whether or not you will still need your current machine. If you only need one machine and plan on buying another one, upgrading would be a waste.

Hmmm I think you need to upgrade your GPU, CPU and consequently your PSU because e dont think yours is enough. also you can make a gaming computer for about 450€ that can easily handle Sims 4.

Do you think it would be worth it to just buy a new computer after everything is upgraded and such?
I would say to play games your going to need a new system as that one is a bit too old for sims. Like @cliffordcooley said we can recommend a card but it likely will not let you run the game well even if we went with the most powerful card available.

My recommendation is to put aside around $500 or more and start from scratch. It would end up delivering a much better experience for you!

I think you'll be better off with a new computer but need to make sure that the parts are good enough for playing Sims 4.

Back