What do you think of HP's new "Everybody On" campaign?

Emil

Staff

The 53rd Grammy Awards event was held on February 13, 2011, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. HP took the opportunity to launch a new marketing campaign, dubbed "Everybody On."

The commercial takes the music from Lou Reed's "Walk On The Wild Side" and seems to butcher it. Instead of the usual lyrics, we have the following: "everybody touch, everybody tap, everybody move, everybody app, everybody digg, everybody host, everybody skype, everybody post, everybody dream, everybody sprint, everybody air, everybody print, everybody frag, everybody tweet, everybody shuffle, everybody beat, everybody mobile, everybody global, everybody cloud, everybody now, everybody nimble, everybody bond, everybody instant, everybody on." The lyrics are actually quite cleverly chosen to rhyme, but something still doesn't flow right:

We like the general message of the video, but the execution could be much better, and we're not sure it's exactly a good one for a commercial. We also find it rather annoying that the voice singing seems to be a little off key. What do you think of the marketing campaign?

Permalink to story.

will it take me 27 clicks to do all that?, i spec nothing less long than scanning something whit their software >_>

Didn't find anything really wrong with the ad to be honest, didn't want me to buy HP but i can see how it can persuade others

What I think of HP's "Everybody On?" campaign? I think it sounds like everyone on drugs. Stupid.

Back