What does closing the screen actually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif

Hi all,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A300-1EI laptop. My question is when I close the screen of the laptop, does the system stop working or is it that the screen simply goes off?
And if I have a task running like virus scan, copying files, or a download scheduler is running, are these tasks stopped or do they still go on even after just closing the screen?
Is this common with laptops of all brands?

thanks
saif

What is the power consumption (approx.) during hibernation and is it safe to keep it in this state when not in use? Does it generate heat when hibernating (cause I keep it in its case closed in hibernation state).

Everything is stored to Ram but the power consumption.. hmm :confused:
Please download your Manual from your manufacture support page
Pretty sure it's so low that it can be left like that for days though, and due to no processor activity, it won't get warm ;)

Thanks for the super-quick replies. Hey and one more question The specs say

"256 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 2,046 MB total available graphics memory using HyperMemory™ technology with 4 GB system memory)".

Does it mean if I had 4GB RAM, I would have 2GB VRAM?
But I have 3GB RAM, so how much VRAM do I have?

You should be able to up this VRam in your system Bios (although I wouldn't do this, as many have problems when this is done)

Anyway, your System Bios is accessed when you first turn on the computer (some say press DEL some say F2, not sure what yours says, but that's how you get into it :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back