What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andoyan

My pc is decided not to recognize my Cd and dvd player, When I go to Device Manager I see (!) in yellow on both devices what dose that mean and more importantly how do I fix It?
thanks for any and all help
Jon

It means in all probability that either the drive is malfunctioning -check the connections and run a cleaning disc through the drive (or for better results remove the burners cover and clean the laser head with iso-propyl alcohol and cotton swabs/lint free cloth) or the Windows registry has a problem. With plug-and-play devices there is an installer which should negate the need to fool around with the registry entries. Can be found here:
http://tinyurl.com/dxxcwt
Once you login here you will be presented with option to "save" or "run" the file. Please choose "save" and save the file in a place where you can access it. Once downloaded, run the downloaded installer file named "MicrosoftFixit50027.msi" by just double clicking on it. After installing you will have to reboot the computer and thats is all. You will have your DVD/CD drive back in the Operating System.

My pc is decided not to recognize my Cd and dvd player, When I go to Device Manager I see (!) in yellow on both devices what dose that mean and more importantly how do I fix It?
thanks for any and all help
Jon

The yellow exclamation point icon you're seeing in Device Manager means there's an error with the device driver. I think there's a good chance it's due to problems with the "filters" for your CD/DVD devices
> Is a good chance that the link provided in prior post by dividebyzero will solve your problem

For more info explaining filters, how they cause problems and how to check and fix them also see [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back