What files are needed to use the Internet?

Jessy12

On my laptop a month ago I had a virus. upon removal i was unable to access the internet. This was fixed by repairing a file that i cannot remember the name of. Although my internet works I cannot get on programs like google earth and yahoo instant messenger. I think it is because certain windows files are needed for this to work. does anyone have a list of files needed for windows to acsess the internet so that I can repair the missing or broken files.

Yes I have tried disabling my firewall already and this missing file thing is the next thing that comes to mind unlesss anyone else has a better idea.
g.php

does your browser access google.com and can you get to your email?

using an admin login:
get a command prompt and enter SFC /SCANNOW
The system will be analyzed for correctness (ie presence, location & permissions) of
all system level files.

If you are having problems accessing the Internet, it is most frequently cause by
1) bad TCP settings
2) improper settings for your firewamm (Which one are you using?)

On my laptop a month ago I had a virus. upon removal i was unable to access the internet. This was fixed by repairing a file that i cannot remember the name of. Although my internet works I cannot get on programs like google earth and yahoo instant messenger. I think it is because certain windows files are needed for this to work. does anyone have a list of files needed for windows to acsess the internet so that I can repair the missing or broken files.

Yes I have tried disabling my firewall already and this missing file thing is the next thing that comes to mind unlesss anyone else has a better idea.
g.php

As far as accessing the Yahoo IM, you really don't need that because in the Chat & Mobile text area of your inbox you should see your yahoo contacts there & click on their name which brings up a chat box & you can chat from there. I've done it.
If you want a generic Google Earth, go here http://maps.google.com/
Good luck.

Back