What is LiveShare?

learninmypc

After updating to Firefox 15 today, I noticed an unusual icon(see screenshot) on my browser that when I left click it, it darkens the current page & shows a page called "liveshare" & to connect it gives a facebook login
liveshare.jpg

Anybody familiar with it or know how I can get rid of it since I have nothing to do with facebook ? There is no option to delete/remove when I right click .

Attachments

• liveshare.jpg
    liveshare.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 3
  • liveshare.jpg
    liveshare.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 3
On the menu bar click on view. Once view menu opens. Go to toolbars and go to the right and scroll down to customize. Click and open it. You should be able to remove it there. Hope this helps

Ok, and what about if you don't find the ikon or anything like it in the 'customize' area? I was so burned to see that the advice worked for the other person but that I couldn't even TRY it! Any other suggestions? (yes, I looked at add/remove programs already---- nothing there.....)

Ok, and what about if you don't find the ikon or anything like it in the 'customize' area? I was so burned to see that the advice worked for the other person but that I couldn't even TRY it! Any other suggestions? (yes, I looked at add/remove programs already---- nothing there.....)
As you might of read in this forum, "what will work for one individual, may not work for others". I'm sure somebody will be along to help you, be patient, they are good.(y)

Sorry to here this but you need to post a little more information. Such as what the Icon might before? Where it located. Is it on the menu bar and so forth. Or even a screen shot. This would help someone to help you.

Aii... sorry. I thought that since learninmypc had posted the original screenshot and I was replying about it, that it was understood I was talking about the same thing... so it was my misunderstanding, sorry. I don't know how to make a screen shot (wanna tell me?) so I'll just say that the ikon is exactly like that one in the other screenshot---- outside the address bar (just to the right at the end), looks like a strange @ , and apparently the update took the refresh/ X symbol pair also with it to the outside of the address box where it had been earlier inside along with the star and the triangle. What else can I say/offer?

Errr..... ok, I thiiiink I have got rid of it. Tell me if this sounds ok----- as I had the 'customize window open, this time from right clicking the ikon directly, I did then drag its butt down to the customize area. Think it will stay there? In any case, the refresh button liked it and hopped right back to where it had been. Yay!

Errr..... ok, I thiiiink I have got rid of it. Tell me if this sounds ok----- as I had the 'customize window open, this time from right clicking the ikon directly, I did then drag its butt down to the customize area. Think it will stay there? In any case, the refresh button liked it and hopped right back to where it had been. Yay!
If you'd still like screenshot directions, what Operating System are you using? Sorry I didn't tell explain better how I removed it. I did drag & drop it to the customize box & it has stayed gone(y)

Aii... sorry. I thought that since learninmypc had posted the original screenshot and I was replying about it, that it was understood I was talking about the same thing... so it was my misunderstanding, sorry. I don't know how to make a screen shot (wanna tell me?) so I'll just say that the ikon is exactly like that one in the other screenshot---- outside the address bar (just to the right at the end), looks like a strange @ , and apparently the update took the refresh/ X symbol pair also with it to the outside of the address box where it had been earlier inside along with the star and the triangle. What else can I say/offer?

No your first post did not sound the same as learnmypc

Errr..... ok, I thiiiink I have got rid of it. Tell me if this sounds ok----- as I had the 'customize window open, this time from right clicking the ikon directly, I did then drag its butt down to the customize area. Think it will stay there? In any case, the refresh button liked it and hopped right back to where it had been. Yay![/quote

Ok did it stay or not?

If you'd still like screenshot directions, what Operating System are you using? Sorry I didn't tell explain better how I removed it. I did drag & drop it to the customize box & it has stayed gone(y)
ah haa! so I Did do it by the same way as you. ok, good. yes, I'm still interested in screen shot. I have ancient computer (2004) and use XP. Is that enough for screenshots?

seems to be holding.....

Although others may have their way of doing a screenshot, here is how I do mine on my XP Pro.
If you want a screen shot of your desktop, simply minimize or X out of everything & then tap the Print Scr/SysRq key. You won't hear or see anything so click Start>All Programs>Accessories & find Paint. Click it. Once it opens, click Edit & then click Paste & it'll magically show your desktop picture or whatever you got the screenshot of.
Next, click File & in the drop down menu click Save As & a box pops up. You'll see where it says Save As & its highlighted. Type the name of your screenshot there & in the area below that, click the drop down arrow & save it as a Jpg & make sure at the very top where it says Save In, make sure you save it where you can find it easy,maybe in your My Pictures folder.
& then go back to the File name area & click Save. It is now sitting whereever you saved it at.
Now if you want to crop it, you can go here http://www.picturemosaics.com/tools/crop/index.php
& Click Choose File>browse to where it is, click it & then click upload. It'll upload the picture & you can follow the direction. Good luck. I hope this helps:)

You're quite welcome. I was going to include pictures, but didn't know if it was necessary. Enjoy the Full moon tomorrow night.

Ok, it all seems to work fine for me. However, before I even went to the link you provided (thank you), I tried the same directly from Paint. Worked just as well and faster too from there. I just used that 'Select' tool from the upper right corner (at least in my antiikwaited version of things like 'Paint' programs) of the little tools area there and cropped a piece, then 'cut' it, said 'select all' and delete and back round to paste. ZimsalaBiim! Tuuty-Fruuty! and all that. :)
Piece comes back and 'save as' all over again.

Yes, tomorrow night is now here and moon due in just a bit. Was very nice from my kitchen porch last night but it may be all for a while... we're clouded up now and looks like to continue for next few days.

Ok, it all seems to work fine for me. However, before I even went to the link you provided (thank you), I tried the same directly from Paint. Worked just as well and faster too from there. I just used that 'Select' tool from the upper right corner (at least in my antiikwaited version of things like 'Paint' programs) of the little tools area there and cropped a piece, then 'cut' it, said 'select all' and delete and back round to paste. ZimsalaBiim! Tuuty-Fruuty! and all that. :)
Piece comes back and 'save as' all over again.

Yes, tomorrow night is now here and moon due in just a bit. Was very nice from my kitchen porch last night but it may be all for a while... we're clouded up now and looks like to continue for next few days.
Yes,I've heard Paint can crop pictures, but I've never tried it. Maybe I will some day.:)

Back