What is Windows Shell Common dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to open a hopefully recovered file. When I looked at its properties is says "Windows Shell Common Dll" Does anyone know how I can open it? It does also have a spot to click and says "open with" But what can I open it with?

I accidently reformatted my computer. I did a recovery thing with ISO Mechanical software but now I can't seem to actually open anything. I really need to be able to open my documents and any outlook 2007 emails that I had in folders.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to open some of these I would really appreciate it. It is for work and they are really important. Given the size it looks like something is there. Its hopefully just trying to open it.

Thanks so very much.
Bonnie

Shell DLLs are windows Library files , these files are specifically used by the Operating system. You cannot open these types of files pal !!! In other words you more or less damaged the files not recovered them if they just transformed to that kind of files. The only thing u can do is use software like EASEUS data recovery i am pretty sure you can recover your files if the size of 'em shows they are there. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back