What should the voltage be for a 6-pin PCI-e connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

As the title asks. I upgraded from my X800GTO (which had it's own special wire connection) to a 9600GT. I connected my new card with the 6-pin power cable that came with my PSU (36A on the 12v rails).

However, my case leds are indicating that something is being underpowered. I want to test the 6-pin to see if it might be the problem. So what is the voltage for a 6-pin? Thanks.

I very well could be wrong here, but I'd image that varies between PSU's. What PSU do you have or what are it's specifications?

Rofl, for some reason I was try to answer the question as if Route44 asked how much power the 6-pin connector provides.

Is there any way to accurately determine that via the PSU's specifications? Is it around the same for all PSU models?

Power is determined by the PSU. But you can never overpower a computer component as long as the voltage is constant because the device will only draw what it needs. The max power that could be supplied is determined by the 12V rail that that 6 pin connector is on, which can be read from that sticker on the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back