What to do with DVR Harddrive

steelth

I have a friend who gave me 2 Hard drives out of DVR's . He wanted to know if I could format them so he could use them . "shrugs" I have a universal Hard Drive adapter that I have had for years and used . So I thought sure why not ,,,but no. I never tried this before with ones out of a DVR so I have no idea . I hooked it all up and I see it in my devices but that is the only place . It shows up as USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge. Right clicking it only offers remove, create shortcut ,Troubleshoot, and properties. First I tried to troubleshoot it said I needed drivers, I searched drivers ,then it said I had the most updated drivers . Then I went into properties and then under events it said this " Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_WDC_WD10&Prod_EURX-63FH1Y0&Rev_1A01\D57CC1524928&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. " Me being a noob I don't know what this means . Does it mean that this type of HD is different than computers? Thank you for your help

I believe it means it's in a format that windows does not recognize.

I've found my DVR drive is Linux EXT4.

Make sure it is seen in BIOS and then Delete the partition or force reformat as NTFS (low level, not quick).

Back