What's so great about Borderland 2?

treetops

Never played the first one, it has good reviews what makes it such a great fps? I am very picky and rarely game anymore, pros cons? Anything set it apart?

Like you, I have not played it. I do not see myself buying it in the near future either. However, from what I've gained from reviews and friends opinions, it's a very enjoyable FPS that feels like a space-cowboy kind of shooting game.
I am given to understand that there's nothing major that sets it apart, although the graphics do have a pretty distinctive style, kind of sharp and comical.
It's a DX9 game, and doesn't need a powerful system to run, so I guess that could add toward it's pros.
cons? well, I don't know. Everybody has a different taste when it comes to games, so It's ultimately up to the player.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I haven't played it. I have seen a couple of friends enjoy the game, though. The graphics are distinctive, from what I have seen. Well, nothing like I've seen anywhere else, at least. Good gameplay, too, from what I've seen. But for me it is the artwork that stands out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I don't know if anybody here at TS remembers the now defunct French comic magazine, "Heavy Metal". (The American edition of HM is still running strong, I think.) [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]My older siblings were fans of that magazine and I still have a few copies here in my apartment somewhere.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The overall concept, artwork and storytelling that formed the foundation of that magazine were amazing: well ahead of it's time.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The graphics in Borderlands 2 seem to be heavily influenced by contributors to "Heavy Metal" -- by the French artist, Moebius, in particular. (I think his real name was Jean Giraud.) Well, at least that's my personal opinion. Others may have it otherwise, of course.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I'm almost sure the creators of the game would acknowledge the influence -- were the question ever directly posed. It's unmistakable. Or have they, already? [/FONT]

I think the co-op multiplayer in Borderlands 2 is some of the best you can find online; IMHO the only game that beats it would be Left 4 Dead 2.

Borderlands was fun but a little boring after a while, but Borderlands 2 is pretty fun so far. I like all the improvements a lot, and IMHO the biggest improvement was the addition of Steamworks integration for multiplayer, as opposed to GameSpy Arcade for the first game. It makes dropping in and out of games pretty seamless.

In my opinion, Borderlands 2 is an awesome game with a varieties of quests to accomplish in fun ways. The story mode nice and fun but yeah... it does kinda get boring after a while.
I really enjoyed playing online. It was truly epic!! But, if you don't enjoy shooting games then its really not for you!!
But there are other better games to choose from as well like: COD (MW3, Black Ops, etc), Left 4 Dead 2, etc.

Hmm to bad there is no demo, yeah btw Iv seen parts of the heavy metal movie I know what you mean, im going to wait for a demo b4 I give it a shot, as always thanks for the feedback

Back