When I use my mic my voice comes through my speakers

windows xp, have muted mic in playback, have changed sound cards, have toggled switches, still have the problem of when I call someone on either google talk or chat, my voice sort of echo's thru the speakers. I am not computer illiterate, but this has me stumped.
Moses

what operating system is it? It might be as simple as telling windows not listen to the device in recording devices.

What OS you running?

Apparently alot of people are having trouble with the microphone feedback with the Diamond xtreme 5.1...The only fix for those people was to enable thier onboard sound and use that for the mic.

Ok, you say you have turned the mic playback volume to mute..But did you do this in the soundcard software itself or just the XP sound options?

It's sounding to me like it's in the options somewhere...

sound card

That's what I figure, but I cannot find it. I have played with the sound card options and the XP options. It is some little thing I'm overlooking. So here I am using the forum brain bank :).

Not sure if this will help, but the attached snapshot shows the default volume settings for XP in the control panel ... Line In is muted by default (Volume Tab -> Advanced Button). Just a shot in the dark.

Attachments

• WinXpVolume.jpg
    WinXpVolume.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 4
Back