Where can I find out whether my laptop can have an upgrade to 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosielee

we bought an advent laptop for £320 from curries in august (its now for sale for £280- typical curries- you have to wathc those guys) where can i find out if its elligable for a windows 7 upgrade? its a bit of a pain when you spend money on something and then one month later a new windows comes out. thankyou

Look at the system requirments for windows 7

then look at what your laptop has in it, and if what you have matches or is better than what the requirments are, you are all set. Typically if you bought a laptop within the past few years it will definatly be capable of windows 7, especially if it could/is running vista.

Also, since you are getting it for a laptop look into getting the 32 bit, since the requirments are much lower in comparison to 64 bit.

Any laptop from made in 2005 and present should be able to handle Windows 7. To me Windows 7 is much better than Vista and XP was. 1GB of RAM, 60-160GB bare min VGA needs to be 128 although you can get away with 64MB for video but the Aero Glass won't load if you did. If you have issue with drivers then use Vista or XP on that Windows 7 System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back