Where's "unanswered threads"

Ididmyc600

These are my first stop on my route through TS and now its gone....

Todays post's is no good as some posts go unanswered for a day or so.

Briing it back

Mind you I do like the new look, except the light grey buttons with white text doesnt do for easy reading on my eyes or laptop screen.

Julio please read

Hey, I just added Unanswered threads back. Find it as usual under the quick links menu. Enjoy :)

Its just been put back :)

Oh that's the problem with leaving a post opened for too long by me, sorry Julio

Nope, the URL you entered just corresponds to a cached search query. But the thing is that it works if you click on it from the Quick Links menu.

Oh yeah, I've got it now : search.php?do=process&replyless=1&replylimit=0&exclude=30 (I omitted most of the search line)

Nice feature. Are you ready for an improvement suggestion?

Give moderators an advance search capability that excludes any thread with a response from any moderator and sets reply limit to "at most" with a value of 2. This gives moderators an easy way to drop in early on exchanges to share their expertise on threads that have received well-intentioned advice, not necessarily good advice.

I've seen two moderators (or more) on one thread before
I believe they are already helping in exchanges of ideas

But I agree that Moderators should be given more options in searching threads
ie allow this, discard this

It would allow Moderators to speed up a little :) Presently they do Ok, but I notice that Julio seems to do much of the Moderating at times :rolleyes:

Kimsland, it was not my intention to reduce overlap / duplication of effort among moderators, but that is a good idea for balancing the workload.

I am refering to the well-intentioned advice that comes from contributors such as me -definitely a novice by comparison. Lately, when I am able, I have replied to first-timers who have been waiting several days for a response. My replies mostly lack responses. Draw whatever conclusion you want. The board accepts help wherever it is found. It's possible that early assistance from a moderator will better focus the topic, and avoid discouraging new members.

However, if I re-read the posting guidelines, I will probably re-discover that "specifics" are always welcomed - for both the post and response. When you deviate from the direct approach that adds to the solution, then you're creating a distraction - churning the muck, so to speak.

I've seen two moderators (or more) on one thread before
I believe they are already helping in exchanges of ideas

But I agree that Moderators should be given more options in searching threads
ie allow this, discard this

It would allow Moderators to speed up a little :) Presently they do Ok, but I notice that Julio seems to do much of the Moderating at times :rolleyes:

Moderators are not meant to be the people that solve threads, that is up to the general membership.

What are we supposed to speed up on? We are unpaid volunteers here and I think most or all of us have a job and a life outside of Techspot. Julio may be doing a lot of modding, but that doesn't mean everyone else isn't. I merge posts/threads, delete duplicates, PM newbies that are messing up, and delete spam on a daily basis.

SNGX sums it up pretty well. Mods already do a magnificent job where it corresponds and their contribution comes much closer to 70+% of the total moderation done on a regular basis.

As for solutions and problem support, the idea is to have the whole population of members helping each other rather than a few working on it by the clock.

Without going too far from the original topic of this thread, the idea is for us to provide members, mods, and even guests the necessary tools to find the information they need, make it easy to post and share your experiences and of course keep things civil.

Hmm

Edit now seems to be missing from my posts
I wanted to edit out a comment, but cannot

Edit:

Actually this one I just did, has edit available. But a previous one doesn't

Back