Which drivers do I need for Windows 7 & where can I get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertq

Hi,

I have installed Windows 7 Beta ( 32 Bit )

Which Drivers do I need & Where can I find them ?

My Machine Specs are :

Dell Optiplex GX 620 ( Desktop )

Win XP ( PRO )( SP3 )

Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz Dual core Processor

256 MB ATI Radion X600 Video Card capable of running two monitors

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio

NEC DVD+RW ND-3530A

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615

Please can someone give me a step by step instruction as to how do I install the drivers too ?

Thank You in Advance.

P.S. It also keeps warning not Activated, though I got a key from MS.

If you are not a developer then really windows 7 should not have been installed.
With the system being in beta mode if the drivers are not installed on install then they are not available. Software will not be brought out for windows 7 until the release date is set.

Actually Win7 has already proven to have better and more built in drivers.

Don't even try to install a driver that is not needed (especially in Beta) that is not needed.

Example your Audio works with the Generic driver but you know that it uses the SoundBlaster card. Don't bother it.

Use the Vista versions first then drop down to XP!

Mike

I've read that for the most part you can use Vista drivers for Windows 7 when you need them.

I'd like to ditto (say the same) as mflynn

mflynn is exactly correct, the Windows setup should include these drivers, and they are the ones that should only be used.
If any further drivers are still required, then certainly locate the Vista drivers required.

Thanks to mflynn for his reply Post :grinthumb

I'd also like to confirm member rev_olie reply, and state that this is why I haven't installed Windows7. Basically it's not ready yet.

I haven't done a HD install yet but run Win7 in a Virtual machine where I am impressed with its speed, and all that I see in fact!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back