Why are there different 10 finger typing (touch typing) systems?

Hey, I've been writing with a 10 finger system for a while now, and even back when I was learning I encountered different systems, not quite understanding the point.

It's about the number series above. Most pages (especially in the English language robbery) use the system on picture A. So the occupancy always runs diagonally. This makes the most sense to me and I have the feeling that it is the most ergonomic - because you already work diagonally without the entire lower area, so why should I change the system for the number row?

The second image shows the system that is often used on German pages. I think that the difference is due to the fact that the symbols in the ISO-De are located differently. But isn't it still very awkward and unnatural to suddenly move the fingers in the top row in the opposite direction?

Also, I have now seen sites in the US space that use the second system and I really don't know why that is done. The last picture (C) shows a system that I didn't even know until just now and makes the least sense to me.

I would be interested to know what you think is the most comfortable and if you know why there are these differences.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 17.59.56.png= A

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 18.01.22.png= B

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 18.00.57.png= C

Well, I use the ubiquitous "QWERTY" keyboard. Sometimes I use 1 finger, and sometimes 10. Allegedly, qwerty was arranged to avoid keys fouling one another in mechanical typewriters .

The "DVORAK" keyboard is allegedly faster, but the author of this article insists that you must learn "touch typing", to take full advantage.

Those things said, the girls in high school, seemed to be quite able to touch type up a storm using the standard qwerty arrangement.

Me, if you turn me loose on a mechanical typewriter, I'll run through about 2 or 3 spools of correction ribbon, before I go through a single roll of black.

Back