Why does TechSpot not have a mobile application?

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

• It's Whatever

Results are only viewable after voting.

tsubwoofer69

TechSpot should really invest in an app for mobile devices. It would lead to more activity and ease of use. Do you agree?

The short answer is that we put all our development efforts into the main site that is also responsive and mobile optimized. You get all the features, all the sections, all the content, and without installing any apps. Just point your browser in the right direction or you can add us to your home screen (we have a very cool icon for that) for easy access.

There's a longer answer, we've looked at the various implications, but in the end, the reason above is the most important.

No one thinks an app would be cool though?
This is the reason I don't own a smartphone. (Actually one of two reasons, the 1st one being I'm cheap). The second one being, you don't need a bunch of stupid apps, if you work from your desktop. Every invasive TV station, Starbuck's, and retailer all have apps that will enable you to allow then to invade your privacy, charge you way too much for a coffee, and/or spam the crap out of you. And before I forget, a plethora of fitness apps which give you a day to day, pound by pound update on how big your a** is likely getting, while you waste your time in worry and fear on the app, instead of hanging up the phone, and running a few miles..

I don't see Techspot as needing to add to all that clutter, but then I'm not in charge, so it's just MHO.

Texting is bad enough - - what a nightmare to post and reply on a {not-so}-smartphone!!

Back