Why is my FPS so low

Hello everyone, to start off, I'm new here and I'm from holland so my english isn't that well

I've got a question about my lacking FPS rate,

My friend and I both build our pc's at the same time, w both got the same motherboard (ASRock AB350M), and the same ram modules of 8 gigs in dual channel mode, running the same speeds. I have a PSU of 600W, and his is 400W, I've got a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU, and he has the ryzen 5 1600 CPU. As GPU I have the MSI GTX 1060 with 8Gigs of Vram, and he has the MSI 1050 Ti with 4gigs of Vram

But what is so weird is that he has a way higher fps rate, he is running games in the 150's while mine struggels to get up to 40, at first I thougst is was weird but didn't think much of it, but now it's obvious something is wronf, and I really don't know what...

Hopefully someone can help, it would be amazing

ps: we both have 2 monitors of 1080p

Please start by checking degree of detail - if you are running ultra detail with 'hair', that could 'slow' you down.

Your graphics settings on games may be playing a factor. Also, update all your drivers, often updated drivers will deliver great performance increases. Are you both running the same operating system? Feel free to send me a message and I'll see waht I can do to help you further

Apart from whats already been said above, check your temperatures on your CPU and GPU. Thermal throttling is a possibility and it may reduce your performance in game significantly.

Also, it could be an issue of bloated windows installation/malware infection.

I'd take into consideration a fresh Windows 10 install after checking all the graphic settings/temps.

Back