Why my monitor screen goes off when using some apps

sarnmax

Hi I hope you all are doing well
Why my monitor screen goes off when using google chrome or any player? For example when I open google chrome or play a video with any player suddenly my monitor screen goes black and after 2 or 3 seconds it gets fine. It seems when I open these apps suddenly my PC gets freeze (feels like it crashes) but after some moments it gets back. I personally believe that when using these apps, my graphic card stops working for some seconds and then it works back correctly. I reinstalled window 10 many times also updated my graphic cards drivers but it didn't work. Does anyone know how can I solve this issue?

My PC Configuration:

MB:
Gigabyte x570 aorus master
CPU:
Ryzen 9 3900x
VGA:
2070 super
Monitors:
B243HL (2 monitors)
PSU:
1050w Green
Ram:
G.skill Ripjaws 3600 (16×2)

I assume you built the machine yourself? Did you start with the chipset drivers first? If you didn't...Google>> AMD X570 chipset driver..install the latest driver there (Reboot) and then do Nvidia drivers from Nvidia. Just Google >> Nvidia drivers and then download the latest one there. You might want to choose 'custom' and do a clean install. I think it is a graphics drivers problem you are having. You can confirm al this by checking the Event Viewer logs and you might find 'Display driver stopped working' events...

Yes your guess is right I built the machine myself. And yes I think after installing windows 10, I had installed chipset drivers first. Would you kindly explain me more what to do step by step? because I think what you mentioned above is exactly the solution of my issue. By the way here is some screenshots I got from Event Viewer logs so that you can guide me what to do.

Thanks and really appreciated 🙏

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    73.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    90.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 2
I assume you built the machine yourself? Did you start with the chipset drivers first? If you didn't...Google>> AMD X570 chipset driver..install the latest driver there (Reboot) and then do Nvidia drivers from Nvidia. Just Google >> Nvidia drivers and then download the latest one there. You might want to choose 'custom' and do a clean install. I think it is a graphics drivers problem you are having. You can confirm al this by checking the Event Viewer logs and you might find 'Display driver stopped working' events...
Sorry I forgot to mention you in above replay 😁

I'm sorry that I can not find the time to do a step-by-step guide with screenshots and excessive instructions. I run my own IT business and I have piles of machines to fix 7 days a week. I am a victim of my own success I guess. I started with no customers 17 years ago and now I have 3000. As you would guess this generates many calls a day. I find time to help out on the forums in between some of my work but I just can't justify to spend too much time on this with customers waiting for their machines.

The most disturbing thing you said is that you only think you did the chipset driver and you didn't mention if you did the graphics driver at all....

Overview:

When you first build a machine and you are using your Windows install media, it will do it's best job to get you up and running until you can install final drivers. Having said that, I will usually install the latest stable version of Windows which is 21H1. You can figure out which version you have by typing the command >> winver on the search box and then clicking on >> run command under the search match >>winver

If you have 21H1 then the next step is the type >> check for updates and run that. Since your machine has been running for a bit there is a good chance your are up to date. Do that Google search then >>AMD X570 Chipset driver. Look for the AMD website (it should be the first result):

Where it says >> Windows 10 64 bit edition there is a plus sign there and you click on that to 'expand' it. Now you see AMD Chipset driver. Download that and double click the exe file..allow it to install and reboot. Now do the same for the Nvidia driver as instructed. That video card has to have the latest drivers from Nvidia to function properly. The drivers you get from Windows update or the drivers that come with the motherboard are too old.

WIth both of those done then you could do Audio and LAN from the motherboard manufacturer's website and some cases you have to do BIOS updates for the motherboard. Caution: BIOS updates are tricky and since you are a new builder you might want to find a local computer shop to help you with that or even this whole operation.

You have spent a fair amount of money on top shelf components and then you cut out the computer professional who could make this whole experience so much smoother. I am all for learning but learning on expensive components seems dangerous if you ask me =)

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I can not find the time to do a step-by-step guide with screenshots and excessive instructions. I run my own IT business and I have piles of machines to fix 7 days a week. I am a victim of my own success I guess. I started with no customers 17 years ago and now I have 3000. As you would guess this generates many calls a day. I find time to help out on the forums in between some of my work but I just can't justify to spend too much time on this with customers waiting for their machines.

The most disturbing thing you said is that you only think you did the chipset driver and you didn't mention if you did the graphics driver at all....

Overview:

When you first build a machine and you are using your Windows install media, it will do it's best job to get you up and running until you can install final drivers. Having said that, I will usually install the latest stable version of Windows which is 21H1. You can figure out which version you have by typing the command >> winver on the search box and then clicking on >> run command under the search match >>winver

If you have 21H1 then the next step is the type >> check for updates and run that. Since your machine has been running for a bit there is a good chance your are up to date. Do that Google search then >>AMD X570 Chipset driver. Look for the AMD website (it should be the first result):

Where it says >> Windows 10 64 bit edition there is a plus sign there and you click on that to 'expand' it. Now you see AMD Chipset driver. Download that and double click the exe file..allow it to install and reboot. Now do the same for the Nvidia driver as instructed. That video card has to have the latest drivers from Nvidia to function properly. The drivers you get from Windows update or the drivers that come with the motherboard are too old.

WIth both of those done then you could do Audio and LAN from the motherboard manufacturer's website and some cases you have to do BIOS updates for the motherboard. Caution: BIOS updates are tricky and since you are a new builder you might want to find a local computer shop to help you with that or even this whole operation.

You have spent a fair amount of money on top shelf components and then you cut out the computer professional who could make this whole experience so much smoother. I am all for learning but learning on expensive components seems dangerous if you ask me =)
Thank you so much Mr. Professional. You truly helped me a lot so far and I really appreciate the valuable and handy information you provided to me. By the way I myself didn't build this machine but I gave it to a person who assembles PC for costumers. Actually he wasn't that professional and I learnt it after he built my PC. okay one more question: I have Windows 21H1 installed on my machine and also I have updated all drivers from Windows update. Also I did whatever you told me in your first msg but again at the time of playing a video when I maximize (Full screen) my player suddenly my screen goes off for 2 seconds. Now I think if I start the whole process by reinstalling Windows 21H1 and then do all you said in your second msg is better. What's your opinion? should I correct the current Windows or I do the whole process from the very beginning, that is, reinstalling Windows?

Well..the method I am telling you is the method I am using to build and deliver machines to many customers and I am not seeing the problem you are having. For all the work it takes to do a rebuild, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again (since you are having problems). Sorry to hear about your bad luck with a local computer guy. Perhaps you could ask around? Read Google reviews to find a good one?.

One reason the monitor could shut off is because it's overheating. When a monitor overheats, it shuts off to prevent damage to the circuitry inside. Causes of overheating include dust build-up, excessive heat or humidity, or blockage of the vents that allow the heat to escape.

Back