WiFi doesn't work on laptop

Dear reader,
I recently upgraded from Linux Ubuntu OS to Windows 7 Professional, however to my surprise there was a red cross at the Networl Connection symbol on the taskbar. After troubleshooting, it said the following; "Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer", although I cannot find my Ethernet cable. In 'Device Manager', the 'Network Controller' has a yellow warning sign on it, I am not sure what to do considering when I try updating it, it says "Windows was unable to install your Network Controller". Lastly, the 'Network Adapter' is 'Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)'. I would also like to inform you that I previously had my WiFi working and the laptop's original OS was Windows 7 Home Edition.

Laptop Info:
Model - HP G56 Notebook PC
Product No. - XP267EA#ABU
Serial No. - CNF0426F0K

Last edited:
You will need to access the HP site, download the WiFi driver to a USB thumbdrive (and might as well get the NIC while you are there), and update the failing system with those results.

You will need to access the HP site, download the WiFi driver to a USB thumbdrive (and might as well get the NIC while you are there), and update the failing system with those results.
How do I find the right drivers? Also how do I go about updating them to the new ones?

If one can connect with a wifi device but the Internet is not working, the issue may be with an Internet service and not the computer.

Back