WiFi in the garden

Hi all,

I am looking at getting an outdoor TV set up in the garden which is around 30m+ from the router in the front window of the house. I don’t currently get any WiFi signal at that end of the garden.

I have looked online for Range Extenders and Outdoor Access Points but I’m a bit confused as to what my best option is, if I can at all.

If I plugged a range extender at the rear of the house where I get a good WiFi signal (around 20m away), would this then give me a signal in the garden?

Also, with an Outdoor Access Point, do these need to be hard wired to the router? Because with the router being at the front of the house I wouldn’t be able to run a cable the full length of the house if I installed the Access Point at the rear of the house.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Assuming you're not in the garden 24/7 a cheap and effective option is this

Obviously it will only last a few hours at a time but if your bandwidth is sufficient then you can place the filehub somewhere between your router and your TV and this can act as am extender.

It's a good investment for other things, I have the older version and take it on holidays with content for my little one to access from her tablet etc. It's like a jack of all trades and master of most.

You can try investing in an Outdoor Antenna a small Point to Point link over 30 meters would be ideal. Only "IF" you have nowhere to connect an access point or a power over ethernet device outside in the garden.

Back