Win 8 Pro (x64) BSOD - 0x7e & 0xbe

Baasha

I use my computer for rendering videos that I have edited.

While rendering some videos, I keep getting BSODs - some are 0x7e and others are 0xbe and some 0x50.

My rig specs are:

CPU: i7 990X @ 4.4Ghz (1.31V)
GPU: 2x GTX-780 Classified SLI
MoBo: ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer
HDD/SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB)

I ran Intel Burn Test several times (10 runs) and it passed fine and everything else works properly. I can play games, watch movies, and do other stuff on the computer but whenever I'm rendering a video, it crashes after some time with the bugcheck codes listed above.

I used WhoCrashed to read the minidump files and this is what it shows:

2gwho3n.jpg

^Could you please elaborate?

I just got this brand new Samsung EVO SSD and in Samsung Magician (software for monitoring the SSD), it shows a clean bill of health(?).

Here is the SMART data from the SSD:

14615t.jpg

I ran MemTest86 and ran 8 passes. No errors were found.

I had another BSOD today while trying to render a video in Premiere Pro and this time, the Bugcheck code was 0x124 but the "faulty driver" was hal.dll.

You mentioned something about the Boot SSD possibly causing an issue? I am using an SSD enclosure where the SSD is connected to and then a SATA cable goes to the port on the motherboard.

Further, I ran SFC /SCANNOW and there were several "corrupt files" found - I've attached the CBS.Log file here.

This is driving me nuts as everything works fine except when rendering a video! It keeps crashing and rebooting! :mad:

Attachments

• sfcdetails.txt
    98.8 KB · Views: 1
Because scannnow found errors and HAL.dll was flagged, this does point to a boot drive (SSD) issue

Okay, so how do I fix it? As I said, the computer seems to work fine in every other setting except when rendering video (Premiere Pro installed on the C (boot) drive).

The SSD is 250GB and there is 179GB left (Free Space). The Samsung Magician tool shows the health of the drive as "GOOD" and I posted the SMART info earlier in the thread.

Okay, when you are rendering a video temporary space is used on the hard drive (SSD) and memory is greatly used at the same time. I have 16BG of memory installed and a 1.3TB hard drive RAID array. I have no problems rendering Blue Ray video. It just takes a while. Have you checked for over-heating issues

Sorry for the late reply.. but there are no overheating issues.

It turns out that only Premier Pro is causing these crashes. I have been rendering several files with Vegas and it has worked without issue (thankfully).

I also ran some tests on the CPU (IBT) and it passed without a single hiccup. I guess there is some problem with Adobe Premiere Pro CC - it's such a good program but I'm not going to be using it because of these crashes. Ugh...

Back