Win XP crash

Hello all,

I recently had a crash where my computer rebooted and gave me the restart due to serious problem upon booting up. I didnt know to look at the numbers then, but I ran whocrashed and got this report.

On Mon 06/02/2014 1:25:57 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini060214-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x5FC9E)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBF85FC9E, 0xFFFFFFFFA82BFAE4, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I am now experiencing problems such as but not limited to: not being able to double click icons, software not performing automated steps, and windows install/uninstall errors. I also ran superantispyware and malwarebytes anti malware tools and cleared all issues there. I am a full time print shop person and this computer is required to run my mailing software. Part of this problem involves that sopftware not being able to function correctly. I can also not uninstall it to install a fresh program. Any help would be great!! I'm not a tech guy so please speak plainly when discussing techy stuff.

Thanks,
Brian

You may still be infected. Sometimes Superantispyware and Malwarebytes -Anti Malware are not enough. You may want to jump over to the Virus & Malware Sub forum and here at Techspot. Get checked out. If this turns out not to be the problem. Then post back.

Back