Inactive Win64/patch.a virus

Hello,
I am new here and I desperately need helping removing virus win64/patched.a Would going into the registry and removing this help, or will it come back? I have no idea what I am dealing with here but I've never had a virus before. Please help!!!! I have an HP Pavillion g6-2106nr Notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium. Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help!

Hello, and welcome to TechSpot.

rulesx.png
Please see here for the board rules and other FAQ.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, after you follow the steps below to get started.

Information
  • From this point on, please do not make any more changes to your computer; such as install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc. - unless advised by a malware removal helper.
  • Please do not ask for help elsewhere (in this site or other sites). Doing so can result in system changes, which may not show up in the logs you post.
  • If you have already asked for help somewhere, please post the link to the topic you were helped.
  • We try our best to reply quickly, but for any reason we do not reply in two days, please reply to this topic with the word BUMP!
  • Lastly, keep in mind that we are volunteers, so you do not have to pay for malware removal. Persist in this topic until its close, and your computer is declared clean.

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Depending on your type of system, you will have to select 32-bit or 64-bit accordingly. How do I tell?

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
    • Startup Repair
      System Restore
      Windows Complete PC Restore
      Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
      Command Prompt
  • Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already there
  • Press Scan button. It will do its scan and save a log on your flash drive.
  • Close out of the message after that, then type in the text services.exe in to the "Search:" text box. Then, press the Search file(s) button, just as below:
    frst2.jpg

When done searching, FRST makes a log, Search.txt, on the C:\ drive or on your flash drive.
  • Type exit in the Command Prompt window and reboot the computer normally
  • FRST will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive and also the search.txt logfile, please copy and paste the logs in your reply.

Hello! Are you still with us? Your topic is now marked inactive, because you have lacked to reply.

However, we'd like to still help. Please update us on the state of your PC.

Back