Win7 won't load

Photo601

Greetings. It's been awhile since I have had an opportunity to visit. I was upgrading my rig to Win 7 from XP. The system booted and windows loaded the files. Once it reached the blue Win7 splash screen, everything stopped. I tried two separate installation discs and two separate hard drives. same result each time. I reseated everything I could but no joy. Installation dies at same point. I had previously run XP Pro with no glitches.

I am running a EVGA 680i mobo, 4 GB Corsair memory. three WD HDD's (3 TB total) 2 Evga 651 TI Video cards in SLI and an Antec 750 PSU. I lost video at one point. I removed one of the cards an, after booting, had video. I reinstalled the other card and had no problems. After all that, the install dies in same spot.
I am at a loss why the install stops in the same spot. It's my understanding an OS installs to memory first, then upon first reboot it writes to the hard drive.
I have installed XP numerous times and Win 7 five or six times. This is the first time this has happened and I have nothing to fall back on for an explanation.
I'm looking for input.

Update: Last night I sat down to further troubleshoot. With the exception of the LED lights, nothing works. Looks like a new mobo on the way.

Glad to hear you figure it Out. Sorry to hear it was the mother board.

Thanks for posting back.

Back