Windows 10 Build 10130 - No sound for Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne

TheBigFatClown

Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne was working fine "with sound" prior to me upgrading to Windows 10 Build 10130. Now, the game still works the same except there is no sound at all. I've tried updating to the latest "RealTek" drivers but it didn't help.
Has anybody else experienced any problems with sound being absent in Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne on Windows 10 Build 10130? If you have the game but don't really play it can you simply do a sound check for me on Windows 10 Build 10130 and let me know if it's a general issue or something I did on my computer?
Thanks for reading.

Go into the control panel, select sound and make sure that the Realtek sound drivers are set as the default

Same issue here, using ASUS mobo with Intel socket 1155, and Intel Core i3 CPU.
Other programs and games have sound, WarCraft III does not.

Setting Realtek card as default does not help any.

@Tmagic650, did you perchance ever visit Sudhian forums? :)

Last edited:
Same issue here, using ASUS mobo with Intel socket 1155, and Intel Core i3 CPU.
Other programs and games have sound, WarCraft III does not.

Setting Realtek card as default does not help any.

@Tmagic650, did you perchance ever visit Sudhian forums? :)
Yes I was there for a long time

Yes I was there for a long time
You probably remember me from there! :)
My nickname was naki, I had something like 5000+ or maybe 8000+ posts in Sudhian.
I used to visit it before it was named Sudhian, was PCStats and ViaHardware before that.

@TheBigFatClown - it seems Microsoft have fixed this sound issue.
Please update your Windows 10 OS to at least 10150 build, and the sound+music should work fine in WarCraft III again. Current build is 10162. :)
Please tell us if that helps, or not.

I do remember you! I was there during the ViaHardware days too. I had a VIA chipset motherboard with issues. Nice to see you again:)

Back