Windows 10 First Impressions - Officially Endorsed by the NSA?

TheBigFatClown

So, I just built a new PC. So, I thought what the hell, install the latest build of Windows 10 onto this new PC and check it out. See if there is any hope whatsoever of it being a replacement for Windows 7 as my main OS. So, I put the Windows 10 .ISO on a flash drive. I installed it to the only storage device in my new PC, a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Power on, Windows 10 installs flawlessly and without virtually any intervention on my part. So, that's the good of the Windows 10 experience with my new PC.

The bad is, from the few minutes I did spend using Windows 10, the UI is STILL a complete....what's the appropriate word....disaster? catastrophe? nightmare?

They promised to make Windows 10 appropriate to the device it's running on. Why are menu's still sliding in and off the screen as though I am using a tablet...when I am not using a tablet??? *face palm*
It seems the tweeny bopper dumbed down UI is going to run its full course at this point.

But another thing that bothers me is the fact that I have been shutting down my new PC with Windows 10 when I am not using it. Because I still have more work to do inside on the antennae that attach to the mini-PCIe network card. I didn't tighten the washers enough. And I figure why let Windows 10 burn out my new SSD by running it 24/7. So, I got a couple of good reasons for shutting down when not exploring the new crap Windows 10.

But what bothers me, is twice now, twice, 2, 2 *#^%^# times, I come back to the Windows 10 PC and the machine is running. It has power. I hit the keyboard or move the mouse and guess what I see? The Windows 10 login screen. At this point it has no internet access. Because I have yet to attach the wireless PC anntenae to the back of my PC. But it sure seems anxious to contact big brother? What the hell?

Anybody got any idea how I can stop this? I know there are options in the BIOS like "Wake On Lan" so I am guessing that is the most likely reason. But with the push of Windows 10 to become increasingly internet dependent, like a chronic welfare recipient on food stamps, I wonder if this issue is specifically related to Windows 10 crying out for an internet connection? It's scary how close Microsoft is in declaring that "you must be connected to the internet to use Windows 10".

I know that most of us are connected to 24/7 anyway but there is something creepy about making it mandatory versus the freedom of being connected 24/7 by choice.

"Now that these two tracks have been established -- Metro for casual consumers and Desktop mode for power users -- he feels Microsoft will be able to evolve both use cases without compromise.

"Now that these two tracks have been established -- Metro for casual consumers and Desktop mode for power users -- he feels Microsoft will be able to evolve both use cases without compromise."

Okay, when are you going to start exactly? Kill the sliding full-screen menus immediately. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back