Windows 10 install problem

TS-56336

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this kind of problem, but I just thought I should try. Anyway, I'm having trouble with Windows 10 (32-bit) right after I finished reformatting the whole system from Win7. Although the installation went smoothly, the system or perhaps the Windows setup takes time to finalize everything I'm forced to reset the thing manually keeping me from proceeding to the newly installed OS to customize

Prior to that, I may have seen some options that prompts me to choose a Windows 7 volume - which was my OS before - and lots of Windows 10 volume or something, but it won't let me choose so that it automatically goes to Windows 10.

I think whenever I attempt to install Windows 10 again because of the finalizing problem, it keeps on adding volumes of Windows 10 in it driving me crazy. I thought the format option during the setup would remove everything in the first place? Why does Windows setup keeps piling all these "volumes", anyway? I'm really lost here. I think these volumes are conflicting with one another, I have no idea...

Should you ask, I'm using an untouched ISO of Windows 10 32-bit from the July 29 release. Please let me know if you need more about this problem if you're confused just as much... Thank you.

You've gone about the upgrade in totally the wrong way. From Windows 7 there are two paths. An icon appears in the taskbar telling you that the upgrade is ready for your computer. The other way is to download the Microsoft media creation tool for Windows 10. That's the best option which handles the whole process including activation.

I don't know why you chose a diy solution by trying to use an earlier W10 ISO. Maybe if you could return to the earlier W7 installation fully updated and running Internet Explorer 11 you could use the proper procedures. I've no idea about how you can sort your present installation. You would have been better posting in the Windows 10 section than here.

Your more or less going to need to wipe out everything and reinstall your original OS Win 7. From there upgrade to win ten.

You can reset or refresh your windows 10 PC . try to reset setting to earlier time. hope it will be work if not then reinstall windows 10 again

I don't think a refresh will help, Only due to the fact . He stated it keeps adding more volumes of Win 10. When he tries to install it. That is why I stated if he wiped the disk clean then reinstalled his OS. Then proceed to the win 10 update. Might work.

Back