Windows 10 lock screen/sign-in screen different?

JesseM

I have a Win 10 PC with two logins (me and my girlfriend). On my login (admin) I made the lock screen background a photo. When I tried to do the same for my girlfriend's account the photo only applies to the lock screen, and when signed out it goes to one of the default photos that comes with Win 10. From the research I've done it seems like it might be a very complex issue having to do with security permissions and registry edits and such. But I didn't find anyone with this exact problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Check the permission folders in my documents, select your photo, go to the properties tab, click that once.
Now once that window opens up, click on security tab, find your girl friends user name.

Check and see whats available to her, under allow, give her full rights to that photo anything else you want.
Click the apply button once, click ok once, now close that down along with the folder.

Check her user profile and make sure it says standard user, but not a guest user.
If its under guest, windows 10 will indeed refuse her or you using it to do very much.

Just curious but which version of windows 10 are you using right now ?
Press the window button + r, type winver and it will show you what you have.

Hi @MaikuTech , thanks for your help. I tried giving her account permissions to the file and folder, I still get the two different lock/login backgrounds. I even tried making her an administrator, didn't work either. I'm using Win10 v 1809.

Back