Windows 10 reset fail

I have an Acer Aspire V3-571 originally with windows 8 on it. I updated to widows 10 recently. I decided to wipe the computer using the built in windows wipe thing. After performing the wipe the computer now fails to boot up. Instead gives me the infamous blue screen with the error message: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" and a sad face. I can't enter safe mode as well. I also burned a copy of windows 8.1 (from another computer obviously) to try and boot from disk. But message persists. I then burned a copy Dariks Boot And Nuke (DBAN) in an attempt to erase the hard drive and start again but it didn't load up and the blue screen continues. Could someone please help me out with this. (My old laptop is too slow to do anything with and I need the other one back.)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here. A computer needs an operating system to boot up. You wiped the hard drive removing Windows 10 and are now surprised that it won't boot up.

At this point If you are lucky and the recovery partition is still intact. You will need to do a full factory reinstall. If the recovery partition is not still intact. You will need to either buy a recovery disk from Acer or a Disk for what ever OS you plan on using. Hope this helps you out.

I'm thinking that the hard drive may have failed in which case it will have to be replaced. I don't know if you can test it outside Windows though. It's an awkward situation to be in having just upgraded from Windows 8.1.

Back