Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working

Mikeepower

Hey guys,

Basically, my Windows 10 button, Cortana and everything to the right side of my taskbar aren't working. They're showing up on the taskbar but when I click on them nothing happens. For example, if I try to click on the Windows button on the bottom left to bring up my menu, nothing comes up. Right click still works and I'm trying to find a fix. I was going to reset my PC but keep my files, however it would've uninstalled all of my programs, even my MSI & NVIDIA programs and I didn't want to have to reinstall my drivers again. I then tried going back to Windows 7 and it said that I might have to reinstall some programs again, not a list just literally "You may have to install some programs again." I don't want to revert and lose all my stuff. If there's a fix for it that doesn't involve resetting my PC or reverting back to Windows 7 I would appreciate it if you could tell me, but if I have to reset my PC or revert to Windows 7 will it uninstall all my programs? I also have a Windows 7 Disk so if I were to use that would that also wipe all my programs? I want to find a fix but with all my stuff left intact.

Thanks

[FONT=Tahoma]I tried a system restore point from about 9 hours before it started messing up but I get the error

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:
System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.
Source: AppxStaging
Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)"

I would use a different restore point but the others are:

17/01/2016 09:35:40 | Restore Operation | Undo
(This was way after the problem started happening)
16/01/16 10:36:07 | Windows Modules Installer | Install
(This is the one I tried doing but kept getting the error)
11/01/16 16:34:49 | MSI(R) Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility | Install
(I might try this one soon, only problem is it is a point from practically a week ago)

Taskbar's still not working...[/FONT]

I had a similar situation and it was because my netbook was in Tablet Mode - see Settings then System. I was panicking and even thought I might have to do a reinstall. Sorted in seconds.

Screen-shots would really help explaining & fixing problems. :)
So few use them. :(

Back