Windows 11 Settings screen adds subscription info

Daniel Sims

Staff
In brief: Microsoft’s first cumulative update for Windows is highly anticipated for its Android app support. One of the more minor additions now lets users keep track of subscriptions more easily. Although, it still needs work.

After installing the major OS update that Microsoft rolled out this month, Windows 11 users should find a list called "Your Subscriptions" under Settings > Accounts > Your Microsoft Account. It offers information on subscriptions to services like Microsoft 365.

As PCWorld notes, the page tells users where and how a subscription is billed, who it’s being shared with, and provides information about OneDrive cloud storage. The only subscription that appears on the main dashboard right now is 365. Below is an “All Subscriptions” button that opens the services page on Microsoft’s website, which lists more subscriptions like Game Pass.

The feature could be a first step in offering Windows subscription tracking similar to what Apple has had in the iOS settings menu for a while now. There you can keep track of subscriptions like Apple Arcade, iCloud storage, or Apple TV+ along with family sharing. Oddly, the Windows version of this feature doesn’t appear in Windows 10.

The most significant addition to the Windows 11 update was support for Android apps, but it also improved the Taskbar and redesigned some apps, among other things.

Permalink to story.

Android support on microsoft is pretty scary, google and microsoft working together to track and advertise to you is going to be a deadly combination

Android support on microsoft is pretty scary, google and microsoft working together to track and advertise to you is going to be a deadly combination
Its actually Amazon's android store. Not Google.

Google Can't actually stop MS from running Android apps on their device.

Just like Windows can't stop people from running windows games on Linux via Wine.

Just as bad imo
Being able to install and run an Android APK in windows is a huge plus IMO. Especially if it ends up working well. Though I would have to sideload Google Play myself.

I don't care much about how well this works on x86, but I would like to see how this works out on future windows ARM devices. As Plenty of ARM based android games are not going to run on X86, but should on the ARM version of windows and may end up being better than trying to run x86 windows version of said apps/games.

I already have "Your Subscriptions" on my Win11 Pro without going thru Microsoft’s first cumulative update...!

Being able to install and run an Android APK in windows is a huge plus IMO. Especially if it ends up working well. Though I would have to sideload Google Play myself.

I don't care much about how well this works on x86, but I would like to see how this works out on future windows ARM devices. As Plenty of ARM based android games are not going to run on X86, but should on the ARM version of windows and may end up being better than trying to run x86 windows version of said apps/games.
You seem a lot more educated in this topic than me, thanks for pointing out these things. Perhaps it's not as bad as I imagined! I'm currently working on LineageOS on one of my Android phones, so you can say I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to privacy and technology. :^)

Back