Windows 2000 Professional HDD Cloning

I have an old point of sale system server running Windows 2000 Professional in a retail store. The hard drive is 20 years old and I am concerned about it failing. I was wondering if I could clone my HDD to a new one? The POS system is not connected to the internet.

I have an old point of sale system server running Windows 2000 Professional in a retail store. The hard drive is 20 years old and I am concerned about it failing. I was wondering if I could clone my HDD to a new one? The POS system is not connected to the internet.
You could always buy a Samsung 980 pro if the mobo will support it. The performance gains will be immense and it comes with Samsung magician software. If possible get into the m.2 nvme drive space

You could always buy a Samsung 980 pro if the mobo will support it. The performance gains will be immense and it comes with Samsung magician software. If possible get into the m.2 nvme drive space
Uhhhhh the original poster is saying he has a Windows 2000 system. This harkens from the days of IDE hard drives. No way his board will have a NVME M.2 SSD connector. No way he could even add one. His board will have 33mhz PCi slots. He needs to find a same sized or larger IDE drive that is good and clone his existing installation over to it. The program I recommended will do it but it is not free and it works from within Windows. That's why I like it.

Back