Windows 7 64-bit will not start up in normal mode

daviddavidkam

Hi there,
Recently my Windows 7 64bit suddenly will not start up in normal mode. It goes as far as the Windows logo with the black background, but no more, not even to the user log-in screen.
I have tried system restore to an earlier date (even a week before the malfunction), restored successfully, but still won't start up.
It will only start up in Safe Mode, Safe Mode+Networking.

Any advice for my next would be great.
Thanks.

This is a strong indication that drivers are involved or the possibility you are infected. Run a virus scan.

Thanks for your advice Route44.
2 days or so went by, my VAIO suddenly decides to start up in normal mode. And I didn't hesitate to run a fun scan using Avast. But detected zero faults.
Suddenly today, windows came to a hault, alt+ctrl+del will not work, but amazingly VAIO gate was still operating. I had no choice but to force shut down, holding down the power button.
I started it up again in normal mode, this time, it takes more than 7minutes to fully load windows, usually takes 2mins max. And since the spec is still pretty decent for a laptop.
If what you say is true about drivers. How can I find out which driver/from where that is causing the problem?

Start > Run > type in EventVwr.msc > Okay

Note any Yellow Triangles and Red X's and what drivers they flag. What make of harddrive your laptop running?

*** By the way, I live very close to the Jersey Shore and will probably be leaving either late tonight or early Saturday morning so if you don't hear from me from Saturday on I am not ignoring you it is that I will be without power for some time.

My harddrive is Samsung HM641JI from device manager.
Eventviewer
Windows Log, Applications: there's a few yellow Warnings (VSS, CVHSVC, Application Virtualization Client, and others); Error (SideBySide, Bonjour Service, MsiInstaller, and others)
Windows Log, System: Warning: (DNS Client Events, WLAN-AutoConfig); Error: (Microsoft Antimalware, EventLog, Service Control Manager, and others)

Am I looking at the right place?
What should I do with these?

Do you have your Windows Disk? If so, do a Windows Repair. You can find how to do this on the internet.

Back