Windows 7 blue screen of death bccode 3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

waboo386

Hello

I was wondering if somebody might be able to help me. I just installed Windows 7, and have been frequently getting a blue screen of death (bccode 3b). It seems that it occurs whenever I visit Facebook, but that might just be coincidence. My specs are as follows:

-Windows 7 64-bit
-4 gigs RAM (recognized as 2 gigs for some reason) DDR2
-Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
-160 gig hard drive
-NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

I received the following error message (minidump attached):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF960002D81B6
BCP3: FFFFF88007FFA800
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042810-53071-01.dmp
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-86954-0.sysdata.xml

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 042810-53071-01.7z
    25.5 KB · Views: 12
Your error is 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Cause

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Unfortunantly it only cited a Windows OS driver as the cause and these are usually too general to be of much help.

Try the following:

A. Update your NIC drivers from your motherboard's website.

B. Update your video card drivers:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I tried those things. Unfortunately, no luck--it still crashes when I look at, say, Facebook or Myspace, although if I avoid those sites (and PDFs), there are no blue screens of death.

Thanks

If you have newer minidump files since your last BSOD posting go ahead and attach those in your next post.

All dumps are error 0x3B and all cite the Windows driver win32k.sys as the cause of your issues but as noted earlier OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

Two things that win32k.sys is concerned with are graphics and user interface.

Go to the even viewer and take note of yellow triangles and Red Xs.

Start > Run > EventVwr.msc > Okay

I've attached the events for the time leading up to the most recent crash (approximately 12:09 today). Thanks again!

Attachments

• events.7z
    3.9 KB · Views: 4
File unreadable. Windows could not determine what source needed to read it.

Did you go to the Evenet Viewr and if so what did you find in ways of yellow triangles and red x's?

I found a lot of things. But just prior to the crash today, I got (in order from earliest to latest):

Warning: The ICS_IPV6 was unable to allocate  bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.

Error: The ICS_IPV6 failed to configure IPv6 stack.

Error: The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.2.15, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.137.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

Warning: Name resolution for the name dns.msftncsi.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Warning: The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

And then the crash. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back