Windows 7 blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukira

Hi. I've been recently getting a blue screen after my computer
updates. I'm not sure if it's the updates or the new mcafee update
but everytime it updates I get crashes and when I system restores
it fixes it but the process starts over again once it updates.

here's the
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88001D410D3
BCP3: FFFFF88002F85798
BCP4: FFFFF88002F85000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

thanks for the help

Can you please post minidump with your next post for analysis. You can find those in C:\windows\minidump.

Please zip the files (in case you have multiple dumps). Regards

BSOD was caused by Realtek driver [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)]. The driver file involved is RTL8192u.sys, which is for Realtek RTL8192U Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.

Please uninstall your currently installed realtek driver, then remove any traces of it with Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (Both free) and download latest driver from realtek and install it.

Please keep me posted about your progress.

So it's having conflict with the mcafee system I installed because the driver's bad or?
Thank you I will try tomorrow.

I am unsure about mcafee being the issue here; but frankly it isn't the best AV out there, if possible consider replacing it with other solutions.

Please keep us updated about the results of my above recommendations. Regards

Please re-read my post at # 4; as pointed out the BSOD was caused by RealTek wireless USB adapter.

Kindly follow the suggestion as given, and let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards

I'm looking through my programs and I can't find that program. I don't think I installed it, is this a wireless program? Unless it's a D-link wireless usb, because that's the only thing I'm using to connect to the internet. Sorry I'm not really sure what this program is so I don't even know where it is to remove it

Ah, you are using USB Wireless device (probably a realtek one) to connect with internet?

I guess in that case, it would be prudent if you can give me details about that device e.g. make/model number/currently installed driver version etc. So I can see whether there are new drivers available for it.

You should be able to get driver related information from the software which you use to connect this device with internet.

Yes I'm using a wireless one.
It's a D-link DWA-130, uh I don't know how to look for the verison but I don't think I've updated the drivers.
Draft 802.11 N
Um Verison 2.0
H/W ver: C1 F/W Ver: 1.20

Since the only realtek program I see at the moment is my audio thing that's why I'm a bit confused.

Strangely enough when i looked for info on that driver, the driver is listed for wireless device from realtek. But I have came across countless times here where their audio driver has been causing this.

Did you have any more BSODs / minidumps?

Also, please uninstall your currently installed realtek drivers, then remove any left over files with Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro. Then download the latest version from your motherboard vendor and install it.

Nope that's all I have for mini dumps right after the bluescreen when I'm in safe mode. This only happens when i've updated the mcafee program but at the moment i've uninstalled it and system restored so everything's working fine. So it's a bit weird.

So should I reinstall the realtek audio and the d-link? or just one of them?

First proceed with installation of d-link driver, please ensure that you have run driver cleaner pro or driver sweeper to get rid of any left over files.

okay i've tried the uninstallation and reinstallation of the d-link driver
and then the installation of mcafee
and it didn't work it still gave me the same bluescreen problem.

0x7E, caused by RTL8192u.sys. It is the same realtek driver we've been talking about.

so should I try the realtek audio?
because that's the only one that I have that's realtek
nothing else I use is realtek?
RTL8192u.sys
i've also searched up and i do see that file.

It's weird cuz it functions fine when i'm not using mcafee.

As I suggested earlier uninstall all realtek drivers, and use Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner pro (freely available, just search for them); to clear out any remaining files from these drivers. Once you have done that, pause for a bit and see whether the system stabilizes.

Give us your motherboard's make/model number etc. and we'll find you updated drivers for that board.

The link you provided seems to be the same driver which is causing you the issues. Please note that these are beta drivers for windows 7. Hence Realtek's own site should provided better solution. Also these seems to be much recent mature drivers. Don't forget to follow the instructions given in the above posts before you proceed with the installation of new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back