Windows 7 bluescreen

alright, i'm new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has been touched upon already...last year i built a computer using windows 7 ultimate, evga motherboard, uzc 4gb 1333 memory, intel i5 processor. downloaded all the correct drivers and everything was run'n fine. now i'm get'n a bluescreen like at least once a day. it happened before, but like i said now its like everyday. download the current drivers but didn't help. it happens only when i try to watch videos on the internet. i play games all day, everyday and have no problems, only when i watch youtube videos or any stream'n video. here's the message i get when i reboot:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800B41D028
BCP3: 00000000B2000000
BCP4: 0000000000020005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031111-28453-01.dmp
C:\Users\ian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52593-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

i hope this helps, because i'm at a loss on this one...

I am having your thread moved to a more appropriate forum on TechSpot. You can get help there for the minidumps and drivers.

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

* Now in light of your symptoms it could be your NIC/wireless card is faulty.

okay, i was think'n maybe a ram issue. i have temp monitors in the motherboard and on a fan controller, both are a shade off on temperature readings but in the same ballpark, so i don't think my cpu is overheating and i'm not overclocked, but my video card came saying it was superclocked (evga gtx460). dvd/cd drives, thats possible, but i barely use the one i have installed. i had a ram go bad after a day of use and a lot of people complained about the manufacturer (ocz), so it might be some garbage ram. it happens more and more frequent, just happened right before i typed this. i was stream'n video. when i don't stream, my computer works like a charm. thanks for your help...oh yeah i'll check the wireless card as well, but wouldn't that give me problems if i played my game on line as much as i do and i don't have problems game'n.

I was also thinking the issue might be RAM as well, but with the issues you describe it seemed to be centered on the networking connection. However, running memtest would be go idea.

Have you ever run it before?

Back