Windows 7 bsod help - IRQL less than or equal to

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop is running windows 7 home premium 64-bit. Usually at least once a day while I am using it I get a bsod, if not several times a day. It is a Dell studio 1737 laptop.

I tried looking into the problem because one of the bsod screens mentioned ndis.sys or something similar. From what I found it has to do with my network drivers or network card and it was suggested I get the latest drivers. I was bored so I re-installed windows and got the latest drivers from dells website but it did not fix the problem.

I am going to attach some minidumps because most other bsod post I read had them or suggested posting them.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

I actually got a bsod while trying to post this :(

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    172.1 KB · Views: 2
Two out of six have pointed to your most probable cause: Memory corruption. One error in particular 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT cited memory corruption and this one of the very strongest indicators of bad RAM.

You will need to run Memtest on your memory. This free and quite safe.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

I have not had a chance to run memtest86+ but i was able to run a different one that is just called memtest. It reported my memory as bad and needs to be replaced on one stick of ram. I need to stop home and get a blank cd to run memtest86+ but when i do i can report the results. I called dell and they had me run a test and it also reported an error so they are going to replace the ram.

Thank you for the quick response and help :)

Glad to read the issue is confirmed as bad RAM. It is one of the simplest things to correct which is always good. Happy I could be of help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back