Inactive Windows 7 can't start programs, endless spinning cursor, random document pops up, task manager help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been having trouble with my computer for about a month now. I use Windows 7 and I’ve had my netbook for about 5 years.
The problems first started with Skype. I was unable to open it or get past the log-in screen. The curser kept showing the loading sign (spinning) but it also blinks repetitively without stopping. I tried rebooting the system and without success, then restoring my computer to a former date. It seemed to work for a few days, but then reverted to the same problem.
I tried uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling and nothing changed.
Now the spinning/blinking cursor shows in not only skype. Whenever I try to open my AVG interface, the same problem persists. I don’t have any control over it, I can click but nothing happen, just an endless spinning/blinking cursor, just like Skype.
I’ve noticed my computer has started to work slower. After reading a few other threads, there was advice to open the task manager and see the processes from all users. I’m not sure if the issue is related, but there are many things there that I am unsure of – I cancelled some things that other users seemed to have to get things to work again but with no luck. There’s much too many to copy, unless someone request that I do, let me know –I don’t quite get computers so I’m not sure if the problem relates.
Another new problem has been something very strange. Without notice, a document keeps opening up called juneCATES5YL in the Notepad. It had a lot of text script like for example” <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/js/rc/roc.june.stats.js?v=15.2.4.18"></script> and I have no idea what any of it means. When reading some of the texts it seems to be tied with browsers and AVG.
I’ve tried putting my laptop into safemode as suggested by other threads, with no luck. If I’m correct, the right method is holding down the f8 key upon start-up of the computer, but I’ve had no success or change with that.

I’ve cleaned my computer with nothing out of the ordinary coming up, restarted it many times, tried cancelling a variety of processes, and nothing is working. I feel out of options. Any help will my gladly received.
-joannajedi

Extra info on the task manager:
jawaw.exe about 19k, description: Java(TM) Platform SE binary -- on my task manager, I've noticed that every time I cancel this process, it pops up again in about 30-60 seconds. It is using the highest memory, right after Google Chrome and Windows Explorer, yet I have no idea what it is.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back