Windows 7 gadgets not working

cableman

I just changed computers and on my new computer I can't get the gadgets to work. I was on a 32 bit windows 7 ultimate (Dell Optiplex 330) and I bought a Dell Precision T5400 which is running windows 7 64 bit. When I right click on the desktop I can get the gadget menu to come up but when I try to put one one the screen it comes out looking wrong. It is numbers only instead of a picture. I will upload an example of what an attempt to install one looks like. The only one that even remotely works close is the weather one and it is not exactly right. I will take a screenshot and show you the results of them both. The top one is the weather and the bottom one is supposed to be the cpu and memory usage gauges.ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 07 12.17.jpg

I had a similiar problem with mine & just decided it wasn't worth the hassle so I quit using them. Good luck.

Last edited:
I also find the weather gadget randomly decides there is no such place as where I live, although another day it is quite happy with my location. This is what happens when you entrust software design to incompetents. To be fair, the problem might lie with MSN, not the gadget, although that's not too likely, as the MSN weather page links quite happily to my location.

Microsoft windows close the library of gadgets of windows desktop. We are not unable to use them now. I don't know the reason. some gadget are not working properly and harmful for the windows which microsoft clearly notify.

Back