Solved Windows 7 problem

steelth

My aunt has a laptop with windows 7 ,It won't download anything or update. Websites look weird with no pictures on some . Some download buttons she can click but it says there is a connection problem ,Others she can't click at all.It has windows security ess. and that's all. I tried several times to download malwarebytes but can't. I'm trying to help her but I can't tell if it has a virus or not?
Thx for the help

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.
Use another working computer and USB flash drive to download and transfer necessary files.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=======================================

Did you try different browser?

I tried to download chrome but I couldn't . It doesn't have anything other than explorer installed.

I tried to download fabar but a pop up came up saying security won't let me download it,,,weird

I reset the browser to default settings and it is working now .I can see full website pages and download things.I seen that it was set to custom so I just change it back .I'm sorry to have bothered you . I guess I'm not as good with a computer as I thought , thx for your time

Back