Windows 7 student discount

red1776

Where are all my fellow college students going to get the deep discounted windows 7? I thought I had seen 29.99 or the like for students at some point (I'm sure it came to a screeching halt the day I registered) but I thought I would ask.

Thanks for the advice, I had found it on digital river but was unsure if it was a good source after reading a scathing review by one unhappy customer. I gave them my school email and it came up eligible so I'm good. Thanks

Initially when it came out the download was something other than an .iso. So you had to jump through some hoops to get it to something you could burn to a disk, I can see how for most people they would have gotten confused and irritated because it wasn't intuitive, I had to go online and read somewhere on how to do it. I thought that they had fixed that, and you get an .iso file now.

I know that the 64bit (well any) is supposed to be an upgrade, but I had 32bit Vista and just clean installed it from what I downloaded. Hopefully you can still do that. I had initially planned on doing what I did with the Vista upgrade and clean installing it initially, then 'upgrading' my clean install.

You may be able to get the server version (server 2008 R2) for free from HERE. I just asked our tech person to apply for my high school, but there is a decent chance your school will already be on there.

Well aren't you all lucky! lol.

I'm ever so slightly envious of US customers being able to purchase software for $29.99, when we have to pay $46-47 for exactly the same offer!

okay hold on here. I am not a software guy. Windows 2008 R2 is 7? are there any usability differences?

I have not installed R2 yet, but I have server 2008, which is like vista, installed on a different computer, and there are not really too many differences. Mainly by default there are a lot of options that are not enabled, like the better looking GUI and superfetch, but other than that I have not had any issues with it. And all these options can be manually enabled. I'll install R2 on my main computer next time I do a hardware upgrade.

Back