Windows 7 Ultimate cracked via OEM master key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

According to a report from My Digital Life, Windows 7 Ultimate has already been cracked with the aid of a leaked OEM DVD ISO from Lenovo. The crack provides permanent instant offline activation and passes WGA with flying colors. The leaked ISO was posted and snagged off a Chinese forum, which allowed hackers to retrieve the OEM-SLP and certificate for Windows 7 Ultimate.

Redmond has updated the System-Locked Pre-installation (SLP) to version 2.1, which supports Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 – and provides backward-compatibility for Vista and Server 2008. The SLP procedure is used to pre-activate Windows for mass distribution by OEMs. Its latest version requires the BIOS SLIC table be updated, as it contains a new Windows marker. The trick is to mod a system's BIOS to include SLIC 2.1 – which can be done via hard (physical) or soft (emulation) mods.

The original post gets more in-depth, and contains much more information. Naturally, the crack can already be found on various torrent sites. I’m not about to preach right from wrong here, as you won’t listen anyway. That said, if you’re going to download Windows 7 from an unofficial source, at least verify your copy.

Permalink to story.

Why on Earth would anyone want to run a cracked version of your OS? Silly. You might as well go run your security suite and accounting software as pirated versions as well. LOL!

LOL......I am sure Microsoft already has the heads up on this one. Microsoft will just disable the OS if someone tries to download updates. If someone wants to mess up there BIOS, more power to them. Didn't someone say at Microsoft that it's better to pirate from Microsoft rather than the other guy?

Why on Earth would anyone want to run a cracked version of your OS? Silly. You might as well go run your security suite and accounting software as pirated versions as well. LOL!

I'm not sure you know what you are talking about, either that or I don't. But its basically like the XP Corporate keys, except even better because it also passes the Activation after install. So for the people that don't want to actually purchase the OS this is pretty cool, although Microsoft will probably just roll out a new key and blacklist this one.

Maybe we shouldall just buy our OSes outright. This way M$ won't be tempted to raise the price as punishment. If enough people install cracked copies of Windows, M$ may be forced to escalate the price of "Windows 7 Ultimate", up to and including your first born.

The Windows 8 pricing roll in will likely see an outright request for human sacrifice. :haha:

Actually, if M$ priced more reasonably, more people would buy-into the whole legalised OS game. Look at Snow Leopard, 29$ a pop. Its a no brainer. Come on M$, get your pricing down to the level where we users actually perceive it to be of value!

Guest, in today's climate, even if MS charged fifty bucks for Windows (which they DID offer), some people would prefer, for various reasons, to obtain it through sources OTHER than official channels.

You can purchase a music CD for ten bucks or less, but music is stolen at an alarming rate any way.

ANY price is too high, and while free is good, stolen is better.

Actually, if M$ priced more reasonably, more people would buy-into the whole legalised OS game. Look at Snow Leopard, 29$ a pop. Its a no brainer. Come on M$, get your pricing down to the level where we users actually perceive it to be of value!
Well now, if they did that, they could no longer be a smug, strident, and overbearing monopoly, now could they?

The way I see it, I already paid 259.00 for vista ultimate so I should be entitled to a free upgrade! If I don't get it from MS for free, I might just look elsewhere.

I feel entitled to a free upgrade because of how useless VU was for me, after falling for false advertisement from MS about how great it was and all it could do. Also because alot of my software would not run on it.

It was like throwing my money out the window. I am sure there are thousands of other people who feel the same way!

The way I see it, I already paid 259.00 for vista ultimate so I should be entitled to a free upgrade! If I don't get it from MS for free, I might just look elsewhere.

I feel entitled to a free upgrade because of how useless VU was for me, after falling for false advertisement from MS about how great it was and all it could do. Also because alot of my software would not run on it.

It was like throwing my money out the window. I am sure there are thousands of other people who feel the same way!

Sorry, free support for your Vista, yes, free upgrade to Windows 7:haha:no.
That's why upgrade versions are cheaper. What you're saying is you want software for free.

"Why on Earth would anyone want to run a cracked version of your OS? Silly. You might as well go run your security suite and accounting software as pirated versions as well. LOL! "

Silly. It's not always "cracked". It's piracy. Some of them, many, are EXACT same as the one you paid, no mater it's an OS, , a security suite, or your accounting software.

"Why on Earth would anyone want to run a cracked version of your OS? Silly. You might as well go run your security suite and accounting software as pirated versions as well. LOL! "

Silly. It's not always "cracked". It's piracy. Some of them, many, are EXACT same as the one you paid, no mater it's an OS, , a security suite, or your accounting software.

It's technically not 'cracked'. Huge corporations who use Windows have unlimited user license. If you have that key, nobody (even MS0 can consider it cracked. The only thing MS can do is disable that key over a certain time frame if they find it's in the wrong hands. In that case, you can only use it without connecting to the internet, which I even doubt you can install it without that connection anymore.:rolleyes:

I am sure Microsoft already has the heads up on this one. Microsoft will just disable the OS if someone tries to download updates. If someone wants to mess up there BIOS, more power to them. Didn't someone say at Microsoft that it's better to pirate from Microsoft rather than the other guy?

Unlikely that MS will disable this key as it is the master OEM key (which has most likely already gone to most manufacturers for install) and it would piss off a few million legit customers if they did, and MS would have no way of telling the illegal from the legal customers (other than asking for a Dell, lenovo, etc serial number and corresponding that back to the manufacturer's database... a huge and potentially illegal task by MS). Additionally, if you don't want to hard mod the BIOS via bin or other (which is probably dumb anyway since once you update the BIOS again the normal way, in order to support a new CPU or something, you've got to re-mod it or lose activation), you can so a soft (or Boot) mod which doesn't touch the bios, but fools Windows 7. Therefore, if you wanted to update your BIOS, no problem... soft mod keeps on working.

Way ahead of ya ;D
As well as... Well, just about every other piece of software in my machine.
Free stuffz.

Way ahead of ya ;D
As well as... Well, just about every other piece of software in my machine.
Free stuffz.
I suppose next you'll be over in our malware forums begging for help.

Do you even know what monopoly means *****? Cause last time i checked there was many pc based os's available. So much for that monopoly theory hey.

Who's a "*****"?

As I do know what an economic monopoly is, MS certainly does fit the definition(s) due to their OS inarguably being the dominating computer operating system on the market. And yes, there are a lot of competing OSes available for PC and Mac users...but that does not mean they have any substantial and/or comparable market share. Also, just because a company is tagged as "having a monopoly" does not necessarily mean that it is wrong or illegal (although MS has had to spend billions in defense and fines related to some of their market practices - google their "embrace, extend, and extinguish" practice for example), it may just mean they provide the dominating service or product, which has general negative effects for the competition.

So before you come in anonymously Mr. Guest and throw around an insult, perhaps you should do a bit more research, hey.

Do you even know what monopoly means *****? Cause last time i checked there was many pc based os's available. So much for that monopoly theory hey.
There so many wonderful "guest posts", sadly, this isn't one of them. This post in fact, really doesn't impress me as even coming from an English speaking country. Is there such a place as "Autismlandia"?

There so many wonderful "guest posts", sadly, this isn't one of them. This post in fact, really doesn't impress me as even coming from an English speaking country. Is there such a place as "Autismlandia"?

I don't know so much about "Autismlandia" because it seems these people live in groups, and they're everywhere unfortunately.

Regarding 'autismlandia', please don't insult the million of autism sufferers out there.

Regarding 'lippy', some of us guests (I posted the 29$ remark) aren't 'lippy', we just don't post to forums that often.

Regarding monopoly, M$ is a de facto monopoly be any economic standard, not even a debating point.

Regarding illegally downloaded software, a bunch of people spent a bunch of time coding these apps. They have a right to put food on their table and a roof over their heads. I believe most illegal downloaders would soon be up in arms if their employers/clients decided to just not pay them, or give their jobs to a bunch of exploited illegal immigrants! The only debating point here is the price/value point of software. Like I said, get the price right, and more (not all evidently) people would buy and not steal. Another example, 99€ for MS-Office - good value... >1000€ for CS4 means I won't buy just yet, especially in light of an 18 month release cycle.

Regarding 'autismlandia', please don't insult the million of autism sufferers out there.
Yeah, and they seen to be multiplying at an alarming rate. How about the *****s that have to have their face shoved in a "Game Boy" every waking hour? That seems like a symptom of some mental disease or defect So many new diseases have been "discovered" in the 21st century! Are they diseases of choice or convenience? Consider for example, "hyperactivity attention deficit disorder", and last but certainly not least my personal favorite, "restless leg syndrome". Pick one for your child, they're all good for a social security check. For AHDD, I always suggest quit jamming 60% refined sugar down the kids throat, take the violent video games off them, and don't buy them any guns. But what do I know? Go ahead and pump them full of Ritalin, so what if it can lead to meth addiction.

Besides, I wasn't insulting them anyway, I was insulting one particular "guest".

And yeah, "lippy" does apply to a lot of anonymous posters. But that's not what annoys me. What's really annoying is that they run their big mouths, and then when they get called on it, all of a sudden, their feelings are hurt. That, in addition to the fact they can't spell, write an effective sentence, or even conjugate a simple verb.

But I know that none of this could possibly apply to you, now could it?

Regarding 'lippy', some of us guests (I posted the 29$ remark) aren't 'lippy', we just don't post to forums that often.
Taken at face value, what's written here sounds like an admission that you don't know how to act in public. I'm sure that's not what you're trying to say, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you might like to consider rewording it for us.

Better still, join our group, and "sign in to participate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back