Windows 7 vs. Vista Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

Hi!

I'm making an essay about the new Windows 7 compared with Windows Vista.

I'm now comparing games, system usage, program compabilities and glitches
and stuff like that...

I'm just wondering that what would You write about?

I don't think he said 7 was faster, he said he'd write about how fast games run in comparison. I don't think that implies 7 is faster. But DjKraid already mentioned games, so overall the post didn't accomplish much.

I don't think he said 7 was faster, he said he'd write about how fast games run in comparison. I don't think that implies 7 is faster. But DjKraid already mentioned games, so overall the post didn't accomplish much.

RRRReeeeeooooooowwww SNGX Geezus, wake up on the wrong side of the world?

secondly, Shifat wrote
how fast games run in comparison to vista

It has been assumed many times that windows 7 if faster at gaming than Vista. the benchmarks thus far have said otherwise. and shifat's post could be parsed the way I understood it just as easily as the way you did......furthermore,
I thought it would offer this person some benchmark resources in regards to gaming for their essay. when writing an essay or technical comparison having footnotes or technical documentation can be useful and required if part of a scholastic assignment...i thought i would try to contribute and help him/her out with reference and research material ....if that meets with your approval.

You could mention the differences in features in the different editions of 7 and Vista. I would check out different forums and search "what's new" with Vista an 7. Make sure to double check if you claim 7 has a feature that Vista doesn't, or what improved in the 7 version. But really I think searching descent reviews of Vista and Windows 7 will get you more than enough material. Remember to cite those sources! : )

You could start the essay by stating that Vista is Version 6.0 for M$ while Windows 7 IS NOT Version 7, is actually 6.1, so the only 7 is in the name.
You can check that by going to run > winver.
This is actually a good thing that M$ has done, if they would have call the core on Win7 7.0, none of the drivers for Vista will work on W7, because Vista drivers are looking for the 6.x version at the time of install.
This tells you that W7 is nothing but an upgrade of Vista, something like Vista SP4 with a good deal of marketing.

Are you sure about that maestromasada? If so, how did Win2k apps work on XP, or even 9x apps.

Anyway, I think its called Win 7 because of the build number, because if you go by any other method you'll find it shouldn't be called Win 7.

If memory serves, win2k and XP were built on the NT kernel, and vista and 7 are built on the same kernel...does that sound right maestromasada??

I'm not maestromasada, but yes NT, 2k, and XP are on same kernel, but I think Vista and 7 are just an evolution of that. I may be wrong so feel free to correct. But I'm not convinced that keeping with a number that starts with 6 is the only way to make Vista apps work. XP apps work on Vista, and for the most part 2k apps do too.

that's what i thought, but i don't understand the 6.1 thing, except that windows seven was not intended to be a 'major release, or revision as stated by Microsoft when they announced it...what 2 years ago?

ey guys, I was talking about drivers only, (not applications) XP is 5.1 and Server 2003 is 5.2, this is why the drivers for both operating systems are interchangeable.
I didn't invent that myself (of course! :) ), it was said on a technical seminar that I attended of a well known company that works very close together to Microsoft.

yes, anonymous, it will not make any difference if you know or don't the name of the Company, you just don't believe me either way. Why should they lie to me on the seminars??
Please anybody who develops windows drivers, shed some light!

ey guys, I was talking about drivers only, (not applications) XP is 5.1 and Server 2003 is 5.2, this is why the drivers for both operating systems are interchangeable.
I didn't invent that myself (of course! :) ), it was said on a technical seminar that I attended of a well known company that works very close together to Microsoft.

learn something new everyday, thanks maestromasada :)

What MS claim to be the genesis of Win 7 and what it really is are an ocean apart, as anyone with experience of 'big business' will agree. A sad fact of everyday life today, is that truth is very hard to find, and unsubstantiated rumour travels a lot faster.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back