Windows 7 - windows update not working, also regular blue screens

gubar

Hi,

my system is the following:

i5-3MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
570K (not overclocked) @ 3.4GHz
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile, PC3-12800 (1600
128GB SanDisk Pulse, 2.5" SSD (main drive)
1TB Samsung HD103SJ (2nd drive)
Nvidia Gforce GTX 275

Running Windows 7 professional. I built this in February this year, it worked flawlessly until around 2 months ago. Since then it's regular blue screens, and flash player crashes a lot when I'm on the net. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my GPU drivers (thought perhaps they were the cause due to the flash player crashes). I hadn't installed any new software around the time the crashes began.

The other thing is that windows update no longer updates (though MSE does). When I try manually I get the following error:

WindowsUpdate_80070002

Also if I view my update history the only ones listed are those for MSE, though there were plenty listed before this issue began.

I have tried the official Microsoft steps to resolve this error as listed at the link below, but they don't work at all, the problems remains exactly the same:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/windows-update-error-80070002

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated,

thanks,

gubar

"You may have a virus or other type of malware infection"

I've performed full scans with MSE and malwarebytes and both came up clean.

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Thanks, adding now (this is actually only a few minutes old, crashed while I was running spyware check with malwarebytes),

thanks

gubar

Attachments

• 120713-7550-01.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
Your boot drive is an SSD... The minidump is pointing to a boot drive issue, but with SSD's it is tricky to troubleshoot. You may want to wait for another BSOD and post it

Ok thanks for the input. Next time I get a blue screen (I don't think it will be long) I'll come back with another .dmp.

thanks,

gubar

Hi,

sorry for the long delay! Have been on a long holiday.

Here is a new zip, with 3 dumps in it.

Thanks again,

gubar

Attachments

• dumps.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 1
Back