Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1nJa

Hi,
I was wondering when Windows 7 is going to be released[other than it's Beta]. I was also wondering what makes it better than Vista [I know Vista sucks]
As well as an estimated price.

Thanks

welcome to the wonderful world of wondering why one would run windows 7. (whew say that 5 times fast). [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIUB4x0JkM4[/ame] this guy rambles of a few differences in vista and 7. I've been using it and I see a slight difference in the appearence and the time it take to get to the login screen........that's all. The difference is probably in what can't be seen. To me it looks like MS wasted alot of money.

Windows 7 is already better than Vista and it's only in beta. It uses significantly less resources and runs much faster on less "beefy" systems. They basically stripped out most of the crap that hindered Vista machines' performance, like prefetch (evil). Who cares how fast they boot up? That's so superficial in the grand scheme of things. So far, the only problem I've had with the 64-bit beta was installing the drivers for my HD4870, which is to be expected. Yes, instead of fixing Vista they made a new OS, not a huge deal if you like Vista and want to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back