99% efforts for working and stable? Seriously? No. There are many other factors required to qualify as a good operating system.Fair enough, although the barrage from my point of view started with QDOS and has been unrelenting since. I don't see any cause for optimism that Win9 will be any different, nor any MS product that follows.
Personally, I've been inured to the machinations of Redmond. You live with it in varying forms regardless of OS. After a while you learn the workarounds and the short form explanations to the lines of people crying that their new printer doesn't play nice
Again, fair enough. Software is always going to be a case of YMMV. Win8 (or 8.1) is by no means any pinnacle of mans achievement, but it has stopped a steady stream of people coming to me freaking out because their screen goes black and being assailed by some cryptic TDR message (as an example).
Again, personally, I'd be more than happy if Redmond devote 99% of their efforts into making sure that the OS works and is stable. The other 1%...well they can divide that up between making it look nice, maybe a new splash logo and a funky start button.
Rage on. I'll buy a doughnut for the first person who changes the mind of someone from the other camp.
My posts are a little over the top. More dramatic than they need to be. I look at these debates as something similar to a UFC fight. They are for fun and entertainment mostly. You bash each others brains in for a few rounds and then hug at the end of the fight. Not that my opinions towards Windows 8 aren't genuine. I truly believe it sucks. I think Windows 9 will be more of what I want but not sure if it will be enough. But why not have a little fun in the discussion process. Make it colorful and exciting. *sigh* I am somewhat exhausted. I am feeling more like, "whatever will be, will be" at this point.Well that gives me a better picture of your computing background and where you are coming from, but you do come on a bit strong. Well windows 8 has 3 skus (vanilla, pro, enterprise) was under the impression that it was staying the same. The biggest difference I have read about the difference between the 8's and threshold is the introduction of the start menu as default on non touch displays. But every screen shot I have seen of the redesigned start menu looks like the start screen shrunk into a menu with a pinned app\program list as we had in vista\7. For those like me who liked mui its a simple settings change (prob even done in initial setup). I really think if windows 8.1 had been the launched 8 the issues on launch would have been much smaller for a lot of people.