Windows boot, what if I wipe my disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clcarter87

just wondering.
i have a sony vaio with windows xp mce sp2.
what would happen if i were to wipe my disk, then install a different version of xp, then use my vaio restore disk that i made from the hidden partition?
would it reinstall the entire previous os or just the drivers and etc.?

what if i installed linux instead?

Hehe, Usually a restore disk will restore your computer back to its orginal state--like when you bought it, wiping out whatever you have in it. Some restore disk will are broken into 2 parts complete restore and or go back to a 'restore' point in time that is already on your hard drive.

There are a lot of different Linux Operating Systems out there that will probably work on your Sony, but may not recognize all the features of the laptop. (Ubuntu, Slax etc...)

However, if you just want to install a different version of xp on your computer, try going to Sony's website and getting the drivers for your model first, then install you new OS, then load up your drivers.

"However, if you just want to install a different version of xp on your computer, try going to Sony's website and getting the drivers for your model first, then install you new OS, then load up your drivers."

i ended up doing just that.
i installed linux as well, and as you said, it hardly recognizes any of my computers components. very glitchy. would be awesome if it worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back