Status
Not open for further replies.

nosebleedXD

ok, so im trying to reformat my computer and i insert my windows xp disc

when i insert in, it ask to press a button to boot into w.e and when i do

some black screen pops up and says the following:

inf file txtsetup.txt is corrupt or missing, status 32768

If anyone knows how to fix, please do so and thankyou for reading

Sounds like the cd is damaged and it can't read that file or it's possible it is just dirty with smudges and such and needs to be cleaned. Another possible cause would be your cd drive is going bad/is dirty.

Examine the cd for any major scratches/flaws. Try the cd in another pc if available and see if it gives you the same error. Clean the optical lense of your drive with a lense cleaning disc.

oh forgot to state that, but it does work on another computer

aparently doesn't on the one im trying right now... maybe computer problem

so it does not load at all, it goes straight to the error? It can be the cd rom not able to read swap out the cd rom and try

maybe computer problem
Yes it can be faulty:

HardDrive or cabling (also try putting it in as slave to another computer and run CheckDisk)
CD Drive or cabling (Just swap the CD/DVD drive, or check any jumpers on drive Master or CS)
Floppy Drive (I know it's incredible, but a faulty FDD or cabling can cause this, just unplug it from M/B)
CPU (Lets hope not !)

hmm, well i have another windows disc but its home edition, it works fine on the computer

but this cd doesnt work but is working on another computer, the reason why i want this one is because its professional sp2

the cd has worked before, no idea why its not working anymore

lol and may i ask whats a sata hard drive

oh and btw, one thing i have done in recently was unplug the hard drive because my cousin wanted it, when i pluged it back in, i may have plugged in into the wrong jack im not sure

if you want a screen shot of my computer please tell me [inside of computer]

Please swap out your (working) CD//DVD Drive
Basically it's a disc problem, but your other computer reads it better

You can also run Disc Cleaners on the drive and also clean the disc
But the swap idea is better

Sata doesn't use the standard IDE cable, it has a smaller data connection on the back, and the drives are generally faster (your Motherboard must have a Sata connection to use Sata)
All newer computers are sold with Sata only

Edit:

Also do not double post (in a row). Select Edit and add to your preceeding post

it can just have a problem reading that disk just change it with another one to install it but later on i would change because it can be a sign of it going out

What?

Anyway, have you tried swapping drives yet?
By the way, remember you said Xp Home CD worked "fine" so it must be the disc or Drive not reading that particular disc.

There's no other idea, that would be worth considering, other than the above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back