Windows is not functioning right

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiggyblue

ok here goes.
on 10/16 I noticed that windows had done a auto update to my system it was a safety update for office xp...

Everything went down hill from there aol would not work and neither would my Macafee security center. (free with paid accounts on aol) I reinstalled aol and tried to reinstall Macafee.. aol went ok but Macafee still says I am unprotected and I keep getting the blue screen of death or error that say""we're sorry so and soo had to shut down ect." then it asks to send a report to Microsoft. I did a system restore but the same issues still are happening so I'm thinking virus..

I contacted Microsoft windows XP help and we did a few things and ran a scan through my c drive (I have 2 operating hard drives) he suggested I do a Microsoft virus scan and it did claim to remove a virus on the D drive but the issues still perasist. I can't download anything including a new virus scan I need some help.. if I have to format I'm good with that because I do back up everything but I don't know how to do it with 2 Hard drives.

hey, try to get this software, ccleaner, Super-Anti-spyware, Malware bytes, and AVG. Run these software and you should be in good shape. This is what I use and I found them to be very good.

And please never use Macfee again. Its one of the #1 FREE Software that Companies,Schools, and cable services give willingly. IT's Garbage.

Just letting you now. It really has mess up tons of PCs for me!
Now Im AVG

Hi Kim and thanks.. I did start that process before I posted problem is I can't get the AVG and then HiJack programs to setup on my computer.. this is so frustrating...

Remove AVG or any other live protecting programs (ie firewall, or Spybots S&D program)

Then try it

Anyway I don't like AVG Free anymore!
Later on try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

trying...

ok I uninstalled macafee and turned off all windows firewall, I followed the directions to a T and,

Avast antiVirus went on fine so id the Comodo firewall the CClean also went on fine.

when I try to install malwarebytes I get this message...

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: Regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x3

so just for kicks I turned off avast and Comodo and tried to install the Malwarebytes again and got the same error (I downloaded it new just incase) it will not install on my computer at all.

supper anti spyware when on fine.

the HiJackthis sent an error as well it said,,

""Unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because msvbsm60.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this.""

I tried to reinstall same error.

I'm not sure what to do from this point.

here's a log from HiJack it asks if I want to delete anything but I wouldn't know what was ok delete and what isn't Malewarebytes is running a scan now BTW Kim you rock

BTW Kim you rock

BTW can you edit your last post
Then select Advanced Edit
Then select Manage attachments
Then delete that attachment, you just put on
Basically it's not ideal (security wise for you ) to post this info

ok the newbie sees what she sent and is kicking herself for it..

Malwarebytes found a lot of issues and I saved the logs from it as well as will this fix the issues that I am having?

Malwarebytes found a lot of issues
I hope you viewed the results, and then removed all the threats found, otherwise you'll have to redo it.

Yes glad you saw the issue with attachment

by the way, I must logoff, very sorry, very tired

hard times cause you to make hard decisions

well after doing the 8 steps and the issues still being present and after reading a few articles I have reformatting both hard drives.. I believe it's just a safer choice for the security of my computer and the content that was on them...

thanks so much for helping me through the steps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back