Windows not installing Directx for not passing Logo testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink

Hi,
i've been having this problem for a while now.
when i try to install the latest february 2010 directx update, windows gives me an error message saying that the software i am trying to install didnt pass logo testing so it wont be installed. but its directx, its microsoft technology, i dunno what to do.
i went to the windows tech help site, and did EVERYTHING they told me, changing the Catroot name folder, enabling and disabling and enabling again the Cryptography thing, everything, and nothing worked. i also disabled the signature verification thingy (putting it on ignore) and it didnt help.
the november 2008 update for directx doesnt work either. (and it worked before)
i am running windows xp professional 32bit.

Thanks guys

P.S
i plan to upgrade to windows 7 64bit, i but i wanna upgrade my hardware before i do it, because i dont think its worth it to upgrade to win732bit and then áy again later for a 64 bit version... (i have 2gb of ram only, and its ddr2..)

if you plan to upgrade to 64 bit then you need at least 4gb ram or else its not worth it.

Ok, im glad that it worked for you, but it doesn't work for me... it gives me that didnt pass windows logo testing screen, says that the software will not be installed, to contact my system admin...

any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back